Tomintoul Single Malt Scotch Whisky has announced a new range of contemporary cask finishes launching this summer.
Handcrafted in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, each expression has been matured in American oak ex-bourbon casks, before being married and finished in a range of hand-selected barrels sourced from wine- and spirit-producing regions across the world.
Each bottled at 40% ABV, the non-age statement range offers a collection of rich, complex and full-flavoured single malt Scotch whisky at an accessible price point of RSP £43.
The range consist of seven experimental single malts, four of which are available now:
- Tomintoul Caribbean Rum Cask Finish, married and finished in Caribbean rum barrels
- Tomintoul Cognac Cask Finish, married and finished in Cognac casks from France
- Tomintoul Pedro Ximénez Cask Finish, married and finished in Pedro Ximénez sherry butts from Andalucía
- Tomintoul Pinot Noir Cask Finish, finished in Pinot Noir wine barrels from Burgundy
The remaining three will be available from autumn 2023:
- Tomintoul Merlot, married and finished in Merlot wine barrels from the Bordeaux region
- Tomintoul Tawny Port Cask Finish, married and finished in Tawny Port barriques from Portugal
- Tomintoul White Port Cash Finish, married and finished in White Port barriques from Portugal
Shop the range at Angus Dundee Distillers.